Sadly, Ms. Nataliya and her family are moving, so Canmore Preschool is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Location: Canmore, AB
Status: Salaried; three-quarter time; late August to end of June, possible work in July
Closing Date for Applications: June 30, 2016
Starting Date: September 5, 2016; classes begin September 12.
The Canmore Preschool is a non-profit, parent-directed, educational program for 3- and 4-year-olds. We are the longest-running preschool in Canmore, providing outstanding early childhood education since 1972. Our programs follow the Canadian Rockies Public Schools calendar from September to June, and we offer summer camps in July.
Our program encourages learning through social play. Children this age learn through every game they play, whether at the craft table, in the block centre, in the gym, or outside. We aim to strike a happy balance between child- and teacher-directed activities each day to provide both structured and free learning opportunities.
We provide a progression for children from our 3-year-old classes to our pre-Kindergarten 4-year-old classes. The pre-K classes are challenged with longer classes, more pre-literacy and numeracy activities, more advanced gross and fine motor skills, and more structured activities to prepare them for the transition to Kindergarten.
- Plan, prepare, and implement developmentally appropriate programs for both 3-year-old and 4-year-old classes. Schedule:
- 4yo Pre-Kindergarten class M/W/F 8:45-11:45am
- 3yo Preschool class T/Th 9:00-11:00am
- Afternoon schedule to be determined but will include 6 to 12 hours per week of afternoon classes M-Th finishing no later than 3:30pm.
- Effectively facilitate classes to create an environment for young children that is both creative/playful/active and also safe/respectful/organized.
- Communicate effectively and warmly with parents about program activities, schedules, volunteering, and their child’s performance in preschool.
- Communicate effectively with the board of parent volunteers, and attend board meetings every other month.
- Work closely with the other preschool teacher, classroom aide, and office administrator on a daily basis.
- Work closely with aides from the Cause & Effect Foundation.
- Be open, welcoming, and understanding with families from diverse backgrounds.
- Organized, energetic, creative, and warm-hearted.
- Must have at least 3 years experience working with preschool children.
- Possess certification as a Child Development Worker or higher (CDS and BEd preferred).
- Possess certification in Standard First Aid, including child CPR and use of epi-pens.
- Pass a Vulnerable Sector criminal record check.
- Provide references.
Salary range will be commensurate with qualifications.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Canmore Preschool welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those selected for an interview will be notified.