Position posted 22 July 2020. Open until filled.
- The standard work schedule will be from mid-August (start date is roughly two weeks before the first day of preschool) to one week after the preschool closure in June each year.
- Working hours will be 28 hours per week with office hours to coincide with regularly scheduled classes.
- 8:30-3:30 Mon (7 hours)
- 8:30-3:30 Tues (7 hours) (Tues morning is the time for offsite errands – bank, post office, supplies, etc.)
- 8:30-3:30 Wed (7 hours)
- 12:00-3:30 Thurs (3.5 hours)
- 8:30-12:00 Friday (3.5 hours)
- Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector background check from the RCMP before beginning work.
- Must be able to obtain the Child Development Assistant (CDA) certification within 3 months of hiring. The free online training course is offered by AB Government once the job has been offered.
- Must be able to obtain childcare first aid & CPR training within 3 months of hiring.
- Create & maintain balanced classes in consultation with the teachers & board, and while communicating a clear & fair process to families.
- Assist the Children’s Events Coordinator to ensure that the classroom calendar is complete & visitors, field trips, and school buses are confirmed.
- Confirm gym & play-yard times with the Daycare, and give them a monthly calendar of those times.
- Assist teachers with Literacy Circles and baby visits.
- Prepare and post monthly Parent of the Day calendars at the Preschool. Monitor calendars.
- Provide assistance to the teachers as necessary; Sub into the classroom if needed.
- Purchase & pick up any supplies requested by the teachers.
- Be on site when classes are in session M/W/F, organize supply runs & errands to the bank & post office to fall on Tues or Thurs.
- Provide welcoming reception during program hours.
- Must be able to deal calmly & respectfully with any issues that arise.
- Maintain email lists of all registered families.
- Maintain & update the website canmorepreschool.com.
- Coordinate, design, & book all advertising.
- Coordinate & maintain the online registration process, including all family communications.
- Coordinate & prepare for the AGM & Registration annual meeting.
- Communicate with all families about program fees, including overdue or unpaid amounts.
- Provide assistance to the Board & the teachers regarding correspondence.
- Provide continuity from year to year between Board members, teachers and parents.
- Create and send thank you letters/receipts to all visitors and for donations.
- Communicate with the Daycare about our shared facility.
- Communicate with our landlord, the Town of Canmore.
- Communicate with other program partners who provide support to children with special needs.
- Respect students’ confidentiality.
- Prepare, deposit & record registration and program fees.
- Prepare, deposit & record all fundraising income and expenses.
- Prepare & record all other Preschool expenses.
- Prepare and record payroll, T4’s and T4 Summary, WCB correspondence.
- Maintain liability insurance, & employee benefits.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Send monthly financial reports to the Treasurer.
- Prepare and submit the Society Annual Return.
- Recruit volunteers for annual audit of financial records, & supervise their work.
- Maintain student records, including any allergy or medication documentation.
- Maintain teacher records, including up to date qualifications & record checks.
- Prepare for Licencing visits. Maintain all records and abide by all licencing rules and regulations.
- Coordinate annual Health inspection.
- Coordinate annual Fire inspection.
- Coordinate monthly fire drills.
- Coordinate monthly toy cleaning with parent volunteers.
- Communicate with the Artisans Market Coordinator, providing any financial assistance – paying bills, recording payments, & providing supplies for the event.
- Assist the Artisans Market Coordinator with accessing all their supplies in the preschool shed over the weekend & providing, managing, storing, & counting cash boxes over the weekend.
- Maintain UPS mailbox off site for the Artisans’ Market.
- Assist the Raffle Coordinator with organizing prizes & obtaining the license.
- Distribute & track all raffle tickets, including communicating with families about their responsibility to sell tickets.
- Provide assistance to the Scholastic Book Order Coordinator and distribute flyers and book orders.
- Ensure that the casino goes smoothly every 3 years.
- Other fundraising support as required.
Board Member Support
- Provide assistance to the Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Newsletter Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator.
- Attend all meetings of the Board, excluding employee evaluation and salary negotiations.
- Book a location for the meeting each month.
Facilities & Maintenance
- Oversee and coordinate all minor repairs and maintenance to the Preschool throughout the year, including any parent volunteers or contractors.
- Communicate with the Town of Canmore about larger maintenance issues.
- Supervise & communicate with the janitorial contractor.
- Maintain adequate janitorial supplies throughout the year; purchase & pick up supplies.
- Abide by the Preschool Employment Contract.
- Abide by the Preschool Policy Manual.
- Other duties as assigned by teachers or board.