Position posted 22 July 2020. Open until filled.
- The school year runs from September 8, 2020 to June 18, 2021, with a 2-week break in winter, 1 week in February, and another 2-week break in spring. There are about 36 work weeks in the year.
- Working hours will be 4.5 hours per week.
- 8:45-11:00am Tues (2.25 hours)
- 8:45-11:00am Thurs (2.25 hours)
- Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector background check from the RCMP before beginning work.
- Must be able to obtain the Child Development Assistant (CDA) certification within 3 months of hiring. The free online training course is offered by AB Government once the job has been offered. (CDW & CDS preferred.)
- Must be able to obtain childcare first aid & CPR training within 3 months of hiring.
- Provide active classroom support for the Preschool teachers & children.
- Assist teachers with Literacy Circles and baby visits, and other classroom events & visitors.
- Deal calmly & respectfully with any issues that arise with children, parents, or teachers.
- Be positive, patient, & encouraging with children.
- Prepare craft supplies as directed by the teacher.
- Clean the classroom as directed by the teacher, during transitions between activities: for example, wiping down tables after snack, or sweeping up while the class is in circle time.
- Abide by the Preschool Employment Contract.
- Abide by the Preschool Policy Manual.