Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Holiday Inn, 1 Silvertip Trail, Canmore. (Nakiska Room, Level P)
Thank you to the Holiday Inn for donating the meeting space!
In order to register for Preschool, and ensure your child’s place:
- In February, complete our online registration, including the $45 registration fee.
- Beginning February 1st, you will be able to complete your registration forms online here. You will be able to register for either 3-Year-Old Preschool (birthdays in 2016) or for Pre-Kindergarten (birthdays in 2015). Specific class placements will be determined by the Preschool after AGM.
- On March 6, attend AGM at the Holiday Inn.
- We ask all families to attend AGM on March 6, 2019, and families that attend will be placed in classes before families who do not attend. The Annual General Meeting will last about an hour. We recommend attending without kids in order to focus on business and wrap up as soon as possible. We will provide childcare on site during the meeting for those who need it. Paper registration forms will also be available at the meeting for those who have not registered online.
- In April, we will advise families of their class placements.
- Once you receive notice of your class placement, we will ask you to fill out a payment form for your September program fees in order to secure your place. If you cancel your registration before August 1st, no payment will be required. If you do not cancel before August 1st, then your September fees will be withdrawn on September 1st. Throughout the school year, we require 30-days notice of withdrawal or 1 month’s fees.
If you volunteer for the Board your class placement will be guaranteed, as well as fulfilling your volunteer hours for the year. For additional information about available board positions, click here. Please call or email, if you are interested in volunteering, or look for the sign-up sheets in the lobby.
The first order of business for the AGM is to make sure we have a full board for the coming school year. As a cooperative, non-profit organization, Canmore Preschool cannot operate without these volunteers. We have some returning members for 2019-2020, but some positions remain to be filled. We will not be able to make class lists until the board is full.
The second order of business is registration for the 2019-2020 school year. If there are too many applicants for a class, we will use a lottery system to establish the class list. Parents must attend the meeting for their child to enter the lottery. All families who do not attend AGM will be placed or waitlisted in the order they are submitted, as space allows after all those who attend the meeting.
After we make initial class lists following AGM, we continue to accept registrations on a rolling basis as space allows.