Canmore Preschool Society is seeking to hire for two positions:
The main responsibilities include reception, office administration, bookkeeping, payroll, licensing compliance, and general support for the Preschool programs. The Administrative Assistant provides assistance and support to our children, parents, teachers, & board. A background in education is helpful. Experience with preschool aged children is preferred. This position is for 28 hours per week, Monday-Friday. The school year runs from mid-August to the end of June. Full job description is available here.
PART-TIME CLASSROOM ASSISTANT
The main responsibilities include providing assistance and support to our children & teachers in our preschool & preK educational programs. A background in education is helpful. Experience with preschool aged children is preferred. This position is for 4.5 hours per week, Tues/Thurs 8:45-11am. The school year runs from September to June. Full job description is available here.
Open until filled. Interested candidates for both positions, please submit your resume to Lindsey at:
- maximum class size of 9 or 10 children, depending on the class
- staggered start times
- no volunteering in class (parents cannot be allowed in the building)
- health screening at daily drop off (children cannot attend if sick)
- no shared spaces between classes (washroom will be divided, no gym)
- 13% fee increase (3yoPM class will also have an additional class day each week, so that class has a new fee structure)
- each family will be required to buy a $200 Save-on-Foods grocery card each month (or opt out and add $20 to your monthly fees). You receive the full amount on a grocery card, but Save-On-Foods gives Preschool a 10% discount, which we keep.
- 3yoAM Carmen T/Th 8:45-11:00, $146/month
- 3yoAM Claire T/Th 9:00-11:15, $146/month
- 3yoPM Claire T/W/Th 12:45-2:45 (one class 3 days/week), $175.50/month
- PreKAM Carmen M/W/F 8:45-11:45, $182.50/month
- PreKAM Claire M/W/F 9:00-12:00, $182.50/month
- PreKPM Carmen M-Th 12:30-3:30, $245.50/month
Registration is open as of 1 Feb 2020! Please click the orange button to the right to register.
For more information about available board positions, please click here. Board members are guaranteed their child’s class placement and it fulfills your 4-hour per year volunteer commitment.
For more information about our AGM & Registration Night on March 4, click here. Families who attend AGM are placed in classes before those who do not attend.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Holiday Inn, 1 Silvertip Trail, Canmore. (Nakiska Room, Level P)
Thank you to the Holiday Inn for donating the meeting space!
In order to register for Preschool, and ensure your child’s place:
- In February, complete registration online, including the $45 fee.
- Beginning February 1st, you will be able to complete your registration online here. You will be able to register for either 3-Year-Old Preschool (birthdays in 2017) or for Pre-Kindergarten (birthdays in 2016). And set up payment of your September program fees to be paid automatically on August 1st. Specific class placements will be determined by the Preschool after AGM.
- On March 4, attend AGM at the Holiday Inn.
- We ask all families to attend AGM on March 4, 2020, and families that attend will be placed in classes before families who do not attend. The Annual General Meeting will last about an hour. We recommend attending without kids in order to focus on business and wrap up as soon as possible. We will provide childcare on site during the meeting for those who need it. Paper registration forms will also be available at the meeting for those who have not registered online.
- After AGM, as soon as we can, we will confirm class placements.
- On August 1, September program fees are due.
- This will be set up through the online registration. If you cancel your registration before August 1st, no payment will be taken beyond the initial $45 registration fee. Throughout the school year, we require 30-days written notice of withdrawal or 1 month’s fees.
If you volunteer for the Board your class placement will be guaranteed, as well as fulfilling your volunteer hours for the year. Here are the positions that are available. Please call or email if you are interested in volunteering, or look for the sign-up sheets in the lobby.
The first order of business for the AGM is to make sure we have a full board for the coming school year. As a cooperative, non-profit organization, Canmore Preschool cannot operate without these volunteers. We have some returning members for 2020-2021, but some positions remain to be filled. We will not be able to make class lists until the board is full.
The second order of business is registration for the 2020-2021 school year. If there are too many applicants for a class, we will use a lottery system to establish the class list. Parents must attend the meeting for their child to enter the lottery. All families who do not attend AGM will be placed or waitlisted in the order they are submitted, as space allows after all those who attend the meeting.
After we make initial class lists following AGM, we continue to accept registrations on a rolling basis as space allows.
We are a parent cooperative run by a board of parent volunteers. Please join the board to have a say in our program! If you volunteer for one of the following positions, your child’s class placement will be guaranteed and the duties will fulfill your volunteer hours for the year. (You will still need to take your turns as parent of the day in rotation with the other families in your class.) Please call Lindsey in the office to volunteer – 403-678-2538.
Voting Members – attend monthly meetings:
RAFFLE COORDINATORS x2
- Attend monthly meetings. Usually about 1-1.5 hours.
- Organize the annual Rocky Mountain Raffle.
- Solicit prize donations in September and into October – list of past donors to work from can be split in half between the 2 volunteers in this position.
- Organize all donations into 10 prize packages, so that Lindsey can print tickets in late Oct to be sold at the Artisans Market and by preschool families in Nov.
Tickets on sale now! With 10 fantastic prize packages thanks to so many generous local sponsors, the odds are excellent and tickets are only $5 each! The prize drawing will be held Dec 12th – just in time for spreading Christmas cheer.
Heartfelt thanks to all of our sponsors! Thank you, Bow Valley and beyond 🙂
- 1st Prize:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise 1 Night in a Deluxe Lakeview Room with Breakfast and Valet Parking
- Banff Trail Riders Sleigh Ride for 2
- 2nd Prize:
- Rimrock Resort 1 Night Stay with Breakfast
- Brewster Travel 2 Ultimate Explorer Passes –Gondola, Cruise, & Icefield
- 3rd Prize:
- Juniper Hotel & Bistro 1 Night Stay
- Mt. Norquay Ski Area Family Tubing Day Pass for 2 adults and 2 kids
- 4th Prize:
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Vermillion Room Saturday Brunch for 4
- Discover Banff Tours Snowshoeing to Paintpots for 2
- 5th Prize:
- Clique Hotels 2 Night Stay at any Canmore property
- Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company $50 Gift Card
- 6th Prize:
- Canmore Golf & Curling Club 2 Greens Fees w/Power Cart
- Canmore Crossfit 10-Punch Pass for 10 Workout Sessions
- 7th Prize:
- Nordic Spa Kananaskis Passes for 2
- Bodhi Tree Spa 75 minute Facial Treatment
- Stonewaters Gift Bag
- 8th Prize:
- Cam Clark Ford Canmore $300 Detailing Package
- Sports Experts Dartboard Game Centre & 2 Ski/Snowboard Tune Ups
- 9th Prize:
- Canmore Chrysler $200 Gift Certificate to Parts & Service Department
- Canadian Tire Dyson V6 Trigger Handheld Vacuum
- 10th Prize:
- Calaway Park 4 Passes
- Timothy’s Popcorn Jelly Belly Gift Box
Additional Sponsors: Craig’s Way Station ● The Rose & Crown ● Valbella ● Elevation Place ● Pratts Food Service
All Proceeds Support Canmore Preschool providing early childhood education in the Bow Valley.
3000 tickets, $5 each, License # 547063
We have space for children born in 2016 to join our afternoon classes in January 2020!
- Mon/Wed 12:30-2:30pm or
- Tue/Thur 12:30-2:30pm
Either class is $122.50/month.
You can register by clicking the orange button above to the right or at the end of this post. Questions? Call 403-678-2538.
The four pillars of Canmore Preschool are –
- Cognitive and Physical Development;
Studies have shown that attending preschool has long-term positive effects on our children. Future education, relationships, careers, happiness…however you measure success, preschool provides a step up.
And yet, our classes often look like playtime! The same studies have shown that the most effective approach to early education is a mix of teacher-directed activities and child-directed exploration. Children learn through play.
As children learn to share and progress from parallel play to cooperative play, they develop their first friendships with peers. Along the way we demonstrate and encourage children to show respect and empathy – for themselves, their peers, their teachers, and visitors to the class – for everyone!
COGNITIVE AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
With daily opportunities for social play, arts and crafts, stories, songs, physical activity either in the gym or outside, and games that teach colours, shapes, letters, numbers, counting, and patterning, we provide all the materials your child needs to thrive, develop new skills, and move up to kindergarten with confidence.
As a non-profit, parent-run, licensed program, founded in 1972, Canmore Preschool has deep roots in our community. We enjoy having parents in the classroom, and welcome many community visitors each year – firefighters, librarians, Alberta Parks educators, RCMP… We want our classes to reflect the diversity and strength of our community!
If you prefer a paper registration form, they are available at our office M-Th, 8:30-3:30.
Choose from caving, dog sledding, ski rentals, guided hikes, tours focused on photography or food, or just buy a gift certificate – all of it supports Preschool!
Adventure Hub and their partners are proud to support community fundraising. When you book any Adventure Hub experience on this page a portion of sales will be directly donated to Canmore Preschool.
There is no deadline. Adventure Hub is here to help you discover your next adventure at any time. Our thanks to Tammera and Adam for setting this up!
Click below to browse available adventures: