AGM for the upcoming 2023/2024 school year will be on March 1, 2023, at the Canmore Preschool, 6PM.
In order to register for Preschool, and ensure your child’s place:
- In February, complete registration online, including the $45 fee.
- Registration opens February 1st . You are able to register for either 3-Year-Old Preschool (birthdays in 2020) or for Pre-Kindergarten (birthdays in 2019). And set up payment of your September program fees to be paid automatically on September 1st.
- On March 1, attend AGM and Registration Night – 6PM.
- We ask all families to attend AGM on March 1, 2023, at Canmore Preschool. The Annual General Meeting will last about an hour. All families who attend AGM will either be placed in their class of choice, or, if there is not enough space in a given class, then places will be awarded by lottery. Remember, children of board members are guaranteed their places, so volunteer for the board!
- After AGM, as soon as we can, we will confirm class placements.
- On September 1, September program fees are due.
- This will be set up through the online registration. Throughout the school year, we require 30-days written notice of withdrawal or 1 month’s fees.
If you volunteer for the Board your class placement will be guaranteed, as well as fulfilling your volunteer hours for the year. Here are the positions that are available.
The first order of business for the AGM is to make sure we have a full board for the coming school year. As a cooperative, non-profit organization, Canmore Preschool cannot operate without these volunteers. We have returning members for 2022/2023, but some positions remain to be filled. We will not be able to make class lists until the board is full.
The second order of business is registration for the 2023/2024 school year. All families who attend AGM will either be placed in their class of choice, or, if there is not enough space in a given class, then places will be awarded by lottery.
After we make initial class lists following AGM, we continue to accept registrations on a rolling basis as space allows.