Due to the novel coronavirus Covid-19, all preschools, daycares, and schools K-12 in the province of Alberta are closed until further notice.
Preschool staff have been temporarily laid off. We will be in touch with all current preschool families once we are allowed to reopen. You can email questions to email@example.com. We will check email approximately once a week during the closure. If you require urgent assistance you can call our volunteer Board Chairperson, Rachel Lippitt – (403) 675-4045.
Registration for next school year is still open here on our website. The online system reflects current class availability.
We will send you all the details for the start of school in late August. Office hours will resume on August 31st. Preschool classes begin September 8th & 9th, 2020.
Thank you and stay well!
Registration is open as of 8 Feb 2021! Please click the turquoise button to the right to register.
Board members are guaranteed their child’s class placement and it fulfills your 4-hour per year volunteer commitment.
Families who attend AGM are placed in classes before those who do not attend.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Holiday Inn, 1 Silvertip Trail, Canmore. (Nakiska Room, Level P)
Thank you to the Holiday Inn for donating the meeting space!
In order to register for Preschool, and ensure your child’s place:
- In February, complete registration online, including the $45 fee.
- Beginning February 1st, you will be able to complete your registration online here. You will be able to register for either 3-Year-Old Preschool (birthdays in 2017) or for Pre-Kindergarten (birthdays in 2016). And set up payment of your September program fees to be paid automatically on August 1st. Specific class placements will be determined by the Preschool after AGM.
- On March 4, attend AGM at the Holiday Inn.
- We ask all families to attend AGM on March 4, 2020, and families that attend will be placed in classes before families who do not attend. The Annual General Meeting will last about an hour. We recommend attending without kids in order to focus on business and wrap up as soon as possible. We will provide childcare on site during the meeting for those who need it. Paper registration forms will also be available at the meeting for those who have not registered online.
- After AGM, as soon as we can, we will confirm class placements.
- On August 1, September program fees are due.
- This will be set up through the online registration. If you cancel your registration before August 1st, no payment will be taken beyond the initial $45 registration fee. Throughout the school year, we require 30-days written notice of withdrawal or 1 month’s fees.
If you volunteer for the Board your class placement will be guaranteed, as well as fulfilling your volunteer hours for the year. Here are the positions that are available. Please call or email if you are interested in volunteering, or look for the sign-up sheets in the lobby.
The first order of business for the AGM is to make sure we have a full board for the coming school year. As a cooperative, non-profit organization, Canmore Preschool cannot operate without these volunteers. We have some returning members for 2020-2021, but some positions remain to be filled. We will not be able to make class lists until the board is full.
The second order of business is registration for the 2020-2021 school year. If there are too many applicants for a class, we will use a lottery system to establish the class list. Parents must attend the meeting for their child to enter the lottery. All families who do not attend AGM will be placed or waitlisted in the order they are submitted, as space allows after all those who attend the meeting.
After we make initial class lists following AGM, we continue to accept registrations on a rolling basis as space allows.
We are a parent cooperative run by a board of parent volunteers. Please join the board to have a say in our program! If you volunteer for one of the following positions, your child’s class placement will be guaranteed and the duties will fulfill your volunteer hours for the year. (You will still need to take your turns as parent of the day in rotation with the other families in your class.) Please call the office, 403-678-2538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Is responsible for maintaining the official records of the Preschool. This includes taking minutes at Board meetings and then distributing the minutes once they are approved.
Artisans Assistant (2 Positions)
Assists the Artisans’ Market Coordinator as required until the event on the third weekend in November.
Pre-K, get ready for a day of fun in the snow! On Wednesday, March 11, TrailSports and the Nordic Centre are once again hosting our Pre-K classes for ski lessons.
- Pre-K will have no regular classes this day and should meet at the Nordic Centre for their 1-hour lesson. (See schedule below.)
- Permission slips will be in cubbies in February. Please return them by March 4th.
- Each child must wear a helmet.
- Each student must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. Depending on the ability and experience of your child, one adult could be responsible for 2-3 children.
This is always an exciting outing, and we hope you can join us!
- Claire’s PreK AM Class – Arrive at 9am, lesson 9:30-10:30am
- Carmen’s PreK AM Class – Arrive at 10:30am, lesson 11am-12pm
- Carmen’s PreK PM Class – Arrive at 12:30pm, lesson 1-2pm
The Claire’s afternoon 3-year-old class will run normally at preschool.
Tickets on sale now! With 10 fantastic prize packages thanks to so many generous local sponsors, the odds are excellent and tickets are only $5 each! The prize drawing will be held Dec 12th – just in time for spreading Christmas cheer.
Heartfelt thanks to all of our sponsors! Thank you, Bow Valley and beyond 🙂
- 1st Prize:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise 1 Night in a Deluxe Lakeview Room with Breakfast and Valet Parking
- Banff Trail Riders Sleigh Ride for 2
- 2nd Prize:
- Rimrock Resort 1 Night Stay with Breakfast
- Brewster Travel 2 Ultimate Explorer Passes –Gondola, Cruise, & Icefield
- 3rd Prize:
- Juniper Hotel & Bistro 1 Night Stay
- Mt. Norquay Ski Area Family Tubing Day Pass for 2 adults and 2 kids
- 4th Prize:
- Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel Vermillion Room Saturday Brunch for 4
- Discover Banff Tours Snowshoeing to Paintpots for 2
- 5th Prize:
- Clique Hotels 2 Night Stay at any Canmore property
- Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company $50 Gift Card
- 6th Prize:
- Canmore Golf & Curling Club 2 Greens Fees w/Power Cart
- Canmore Crossfit 10-Punch Pass for 10 Workout Sessions
- 7th Prize:
- Nordic Spa Kananaskis Passes for 2
- Bodhi Tree Spa 75 minute Facial Treatment
- Stonewaters Gift Bag
- 8th Prize:
- Cam Clark Ford Canmore $300 Detailing Package
- Sports Experts Dartboard Game Centre & 2 Ski/Snowboard Tune Ups
- 9th Prize:
- Canmore Chrysler $200 Gift Certificate to Parts & Service Department
- Canadian Tire Dyson V6 Trigger Handheld Vacuum
- 10th Prize:
- Calaway Park 4 Passes
- Timothy’s Popcorn Jelly Belly Gift Box
Additional Sponsors: Craig’s Way Station ● The Rose & Crown ● Valbella ● Elevation Place ● Pratts Food Service
All Proceeds Support Canmore Preschool providing early childhood education in the Bow Valley.
3000 tickets, $5 each, License # 547063
Choose from caving, dog sledding, ski rentals, guided hikes, tours focused on photography or food, or just buy a gift certificate – all of it supports Preschool!
Adventure Hub and their partners are proud to support community fundraising. When you book any Adventure Hub experience on this page a portion of sales will be directly donated to Canmore Preschool.
There is no deadline. Adventure Hub is here to help you discover your next adventure at any time. Our thanks to Tammera and Adam for setting this up!
Click below to browse available adventures:
Canmore Preschool follows the schedule of the Canadian Rockies Public Schools, including 2 weeks off for spring break.
Classes resume on Easter Monday, April 22nd, 2019.
We wish everyone a happy springtime!
Some families have asked if we could participate in fundraising with Mabel’s Labels, so here you go!
No pressure, but if you would like to buy name labels for your child’s clothing, shoes, snack bag, etc, Preschool will receive 20% of all orders.
Visit http://mabelslabels.com/support-a-fundraiser and under “Select your school/organization” choose “Canmore Preschool Society” from the alphabetical drop down menu.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!